Curie for Microsoft Word compatibility
Curie for Microsoft word is compatible with the following versions of Microsoft Word:
- Word 2016 or later on Windows
- Word 2016 or later on Mac
- Word 2019 or later on Windows
- Word 2019 or later on Mac
- Word on Mac (Microsoft 365)
- Word on Windows (Microsoft 365)
- Word on the web
Install the Curie Add-in within Microsoft Word
To install the Curie Add-in from within Microsoft Word, follow these steps
- Select File > Get Add-ins , Home > Add-ins, or Insert>Get Add-ins
The exact method for this step can vary depending on your version of Word.
- Search for Curie to find our Add-in.
- Once Curie appears in the results, select Add to add Curie to Microsoft Word.
Install the Curie Add-in through Microsoft AppSource
To install the Curie Add-in within Microsoft AppSource, follow these steps:
- Go to the Curie page on Microsoft AppSource.
- Select Get it now.
- Please note that your Microsoft ID is not the same as your AJE account ID.
Remove Curie for Microsoft Word
To disable or remove the Curie for Microsoft Word Add-In, follow these steps:
- Select File > Get Add-ins, Home > Add-ins, or Insert>My Add-ins
- Select the My Add-ins tab.
- Select the Curie for Microsoft Word Add-in and right click to select the Remove option.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I sign into Microsoft AppSource with my AJE account to add Curie to Word?
No. If you are not already logged into Microsoft AppSource, the page will request that you sign in with your Microsoft account before the Curie Add-in is added to Microsoft Word.
Why am I seeing "Unsupported Office Version?" in the AJE Digital Editing Word Add-in?
Above: Screenshot of the error message in Microsoft Word.
The add-in works with Word 2016 or later on Mac, Word on the web, and Word 2016 or later in Windows.
If you do not have these supported versions of Word, please consider the following options:
- Upgrade to a supported version of Word and to the latest Chromium version of the Edge browser. If you follow this link and a Download Edge button is not present, Microsoft Edge is likely already installed on your computer. To ensure that Edge is updating automatically, please follow the instructions in the following article: "Microsoft Edge update settings".
- If you have the latest Chromium version of Microsoft Edge and a supported Word version installed but are still seeing this issue, try the Word Online add-in for Chromium. Please note that Word Online requires Microsoft 365 Access, and the add-in will need to be reinstalled.
- If neither option 1 or 2 works for you, do not use the Word Add-in and access your Curie subscription through your workspace on our website.
If you have the supported versions of Word and Chromium for Edge installed and are still seeing this issue, your version of Word may be using an unsupported browser (e.g., Internet Explorer), even though you have Chromium for Edge installed. This is a known issue with a limited number of legacy Word products. Until Microsoft fixes this issue, please consider using Options 2 or 3 above to access your Curie plan.