We are unable to check for plagiarism, text overlap, or text similarity. We cannot edit your paper to avoid text similarity with previously published work.
We can, however, make some recommendations:
The current industry standard for measuring plagiarism/text similarity is iThenticate. This is the tool most journals use.
If you do not have access to iThenticate, the free version of Turnitin may be of use to you in identifying text this is similar/overlaps with already published texts.
If you find that you need to reduce overlapping text, the following AJE Scholar articles helpful:
- Self-plagiarism: How to define it and why to avoid it
- Plagiarism in academic writing: How to identify and avoid it
- Editing Tip: Defining plagiarism
- Editing Tip: Avoiding plagiarism
- How to read an iThenticate Report
For more details about what we can and cannot do for our customers, please refer to the Ethics page of our website.